Client Case Management
When clients first come to a HELP USA residence, they are often overwhelmed with a sense of hopelessness, and cannot see a way out. Client Case Management services, available at every HELP USA facility, provide clients with a plan for becoming and remaining self-reliant.
The first step in the Client Case Management process is to identify the factors that caused the client to become homeless. Working closely, the client and case manager evaluate how best to overcome barriers to independent living.
The case management team helps determine the client's eligibility for various permanent housing options, encourages the client to seize employment opportunities, and assists in navigating resources to obtain housing and employment.
HELP USA's Client Case Management programs:
- Empower clients with effective communication techniques for conflict resolution
- Encourage the development of positive attitudes
- Assist with substance abuse recovery and lay a foundation for long-lasting sobriety
- Teach clients how to discern between functional and dysfunctional relationships
- Provide clients with self-management techniques enabling them to be self-reliant
Client Case Management services do not end upon discharge from a HELP USA facility. HELP USA offers After-Care Services to help ensure success and fight recidivism.